The Criminalization of War. Tun Dr. Mahathir’s Open Letter to Muslims in Saudi Arabia, the Gulf States and Yemen
Global Research has received from Tun Dr. Mahathir Mohamad, 4th Prime Minister of Malaysia (1981-2003) an important message, addressed to Muslims in Saudi Arabia, the Gulf States and Yemen.
This message, however, is also addressed to the U.S. and its indefectible British ally which have relentlessly supported Saudi Arabia’s war against the people of Yemen, a criminal act tantamount to genocide under international law.
The U.S. has been instrumental in supporting the naval blockade on the delivery of food and medicine to Yemen’s starving children. In turn, the corporate media has payed lip service to the inaction of Western governments and their self-proclaimed “international community”. Both the US and Britain have sold billions of dollars of weapons to Saudi Arabia, while also advising them on the conduct of military operations.
Let us support this important message of Tun Mahathir who in the course of the last twelve years has sought to criminalize war as well as indict the political architects of modern warfare.
The Kuala Lumpur Initiative to Criminalize War
In 2005, after having served as Prime Minister of Malaysia for 22 years, Tun Dr. Mahathir Mohamad initiated a pathbreaking endeavor which consisted in criminalizing of all acts of war. This historic initiative under the helm of Tun Dr. Mahathir resulted in the formulation of “The Kuala Lumpur Initiative to Criminalize War”:
“Killings in war are as criminal as the killings within societies in times of peace. Since killings in peace time are subject to the domestic law of crime, killings in war must likewise be subject to the international law of crimes. This should be so irrespective of whether these killings in war are authorized or permitted by domestic law.”
The full text of the December 2005 Declaration to criminalize war is included below.
Read the Declaration carefully. It is an important document.
Tun Mahathir “has a dream” that one day all wars will be abolished. The signatories of the December 2005 share Tun’s resolve to abolish all wars. We call on our readers to share that dream, to send Tun Mahathir’s message far and wide, to change the course history,
Michel Chossudovsky, Signatory of the 2005 Kuala Lumpur Initiative to Criminalize
Open letter from Dr. Mahathir bin Mohamad to the Muslim community in Saudi Arabia, the Gulf States and Yemen
The Kuala Lumpur Declaration to Criminalize War
Text of Declaration
15 December 2005
THE Kuala Lumpur Global Peace Forum of concerned peoples from all five continents
UNITED in the belief that peace is the essential condition for the survival and well-being of the human race,
DETERMINED to promote peace and save succeeding generations from the scourge of war,
OUTRAGED over the frequent resort to war in the settlement of disputes between nations,
DISTURBED that militarists are preparing for more wars,
TROUBLED that use of armed force increases insecurity for all,
TERRIFIED that the possession of nuclear weapons and the imminent risk of nuclear war will lead to the annihilation of life on earth.
From Left to Right: Francis A.Boyle, Helen Caldicott, Denis J. Halliday, Tun Dr. Mahathir Mohamad, Hans-Christof Von Sponeck, Michel Chossudovsky, Imam Feisal Abdul Rauf
To achieve peace we now declare that:
- Wars increasingly involve the killing of innocent people and are, therefore, abhorrent and criminal.
- Killings in war are as criminal as the killings within societies in times of peace.
- Since killings in peace time are subject to the domestic law of crime, killings in war must likewise be subject to the international law of crimes. This should be so irrespective of whether these killings in war are authorized or permitted by domestic law.
- All commercial, financial, industrial and scientific activities that aid and abet war should be criminalised.
- All national leaders who initiate aggression must be subjected to the jurisdiction of the International Criminal Court.
- All nations must strengthen the resolve to accept the purposes and principles of the United Nations Charter and institute methods to settle international disputes by peaceful means and to renounce war.
- Armed force shall not be used except when authorised by a Resolution passed by two-thirds majority of the total membership of the General Assembly of the United Nations.
- All legislators and all members of Government must affirm their belief in peace and pledge to strive for peace.
- Political parties all over the world must include peace as one of their principal objectives.
- Non-Governmental Organisations committed to the promotion of peace should be set up in all nations.
- Public servants and professionals, in particular in the medical, legal, educational and scientific fields, must promote peace and campaign actively against war.
- The media must actively oppose war and the incitement to war and consciously promote the peaceful settlement of international disputes.
- Entertainment media must cease to glorify war and violence and should instead cultivate the ethos of peace.
- All religious leaders must condemn war and promote peace.
To these ends the Forum resolves to establish a permanent Secretariat in Kuala Lumpur to –
IMPLEMENT this Initiative.
OPPOSE policies and programmes that incite war.
SEEK the cooperation of NGOs worldwide to achieve the goals of this Initiative.
Tun Dr. Mahathir Mohamad
Imam Feisal Abdul Rauf
Prof. Francis A. Boyle
Dr. Helen Caldicott
Mr. Matthias Chang
Prof. Michel Chossudovsky
Prof Shad Saleem Faruqi
Mr Denis J. Halliday
Dato’ Mukhriz Mahathir
Dr. Chandra Muzaffar
Dato’ Michael O.K. Yeoh
Mr. Hans-Christof Von Sponeck
We bring robots to life: http://www.hansonrobotics.com/
AN AGENDA? PLEASE, HOW CAN THE WORLD READY FOR THIS INSANE CRIME?
Oct 5, 2014 – Outside the U.S., however, the vaccine empires are beginning to crumble, and English versions of the news in mainstream media outlets are available via the Internet. One such country is India, where the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation and their vaccine empire are under fire, including a pending lawsuit …
A CHEROKEE STORY
One evening an old Cherokee told his grandson about a battle that goes on inside people:
He said: My son, the battle is between TWO WOLVES INSIDE US ALL.
One is EVIL – It’s Anger, Envy, Jealousy, Sorrow, Regret, Greed, Arrogance, Self-Pity, Guilt, Resentment, Inferiority, Lies, False Pride, Superiority, Ego!
The Other is GOOD – It’s Joy, Peace, Love, Hope, Serenity, Humility, Kindness, Benevolence, Empathy, Generosity, Truth, Compassion, Faith.
The Grandson thought about it for a minute and then asked his Grandfather:
Which WOLF WINS? The Old Cherokee simply replied:
THE ONE YOU FEED.
Alleged LENDERS OF “MONEY” CLEARLY FEED THE EVIL WOLF.
SLEEP AND DREAM AND THE DREAMER-DREAM AWAKENS THE NIGHTMARE HELL ON EARTH, Falling asleep affirm that the Dreamer and Dream are the same, The Dream is the Dreamer AND allow NO EVIL to interfere with the Dream. DREAM THE DREAM OF ETERNITY AS A HEAVEN IN-ON EARTH. Awaken and make the Dream Come True, Earth is an ENERGY as is HEAVEN, the Wolves must not be allowed to eat the dream that is to be realized. DREAM-DREAMER-AWAKEN. Hundredth Monkey physics time has arrived.
NINE (9) COMPARTMENTS (TREASURES-GIFTS) IN THE BRAIN AND THE MIND IS IN EVERY CELL OF THE BODY, SO LET US EVOLVE NOW INTO THE GOOD WOLF TAMING THE EVIL IN-ON EARTH, YES WE CAN AND MUST!
When this book is read, then there is no question about Wall Street (Owners) owning the U.S.A. as simply Das Kapital.
… until we choose to breathe into our brain, the WHOLE BRAIN that is, each “compartment” nine (9) times as a daily exercise, then we cannot complain. We’ve been in the STOCK (“Human Capital”) ongoing for so long, the DOMESTICATION of GOYIM is no excuse. We have choice and to get the MIND (in every cell of the body) to be the/a SUPER POWER for evolving is up to each individual to not be lazy … time to wake up Homo Sapiens …
To that end, I have received a response to my report to the Trump administration. It is simply this: They have no interest in individual cases and will react only if we show there is a problem. That means we need a rally in Washington. We need to get serious about an event on 9/17/17, Constitution Day, to take back our parenting rights. Our Supreme Court declared it to be the “oldest liberty interest protected under our Constitution,” Troxel v Granville, 530 US 57 (2000). >>https://leonkoziol.com/